The IEEE BigMM’20 organizing committee are inviting proposals for the Multimedia Grand Challenge which is to be held in conjunction with the conference. The objective of the Challenge is to attract the multimedia research community by proposing well defined and objectively judged challenge problems aim toward putting into practice and evaluate the state-of-the-art research which in turn can potentially lead to future research directions. The major criteria of the Challenge is that proposed problems should be useful and of interest to the community, and should involve a series of research tasks over a long period of time, with pointer toward long-term research.
A Multimedia Grand Challenge proposal should include:
- A brief description explaining why the challenge problem is important and relevant to the multimedia research community, industry, society over the span of the next 3-5 years.
- A description of a specific set of research tasks or sub-tasks to be carried out towards tackling the challenge problem in the long run.
- An outline of the current state-of-the-art techniques and a description of why this Grand Challenge would help in accelerating or providing new research directions in the multimedia research community.
- Pointer to the relevant datasets to be used for objective training and evaluation of the grand challenge tasks. Clear and complete documentation on the datasets should be provided.
- A description of clearly and rigorously defined evaluation metrics and/or procedures on how the submissions will be evaluated.
- Work with IEEE BigMM’20 organizers to publicize the Grand Challenge tasks to researchers for participation.
- Contact information of at least two organizers who will be responsible for organizing, publicizing, reviewing and judging the Grand Challenge submissions as described in the proposal.
- It is highly recommended to publish and maintain a website related to their specific Grand Challenge containing the information, datasets, tasks for the Grand Challenge at least the next 3 years.
- Note that although we ask organizers to express a multi-year commitment to their Grand Challenge, the Challenge will still undergo a new review each year. Priority will be given to Grand Challenges which have been successful in the past and are clearly contributing to continuity.
Deadlines: We are accepting the Multimedia Grand Challenge Proposals in the following two rounds.
- Proposal submission: 29 February 2020
- Proposal notification: 15 March 2020
Please submit your proposals via email to the Multimedia Grand Challenge Chairs at the email mentioned below:
For any queries regarding the Grand Challenges, you can email the Multimedia Grand Challenge Chairs